OHS IN SALEYARDS: NEW SHEEP, CATTLE ,GOAT HEALTH DECLARATIONS: DO YOU HAVE LIVESTOCK BUYER INSURANCE?
CLICK HERE for more information.
NLIS SHEEP & GOATS LATEST NEWS:
Below is a reminder of the law and what must happen.
1. An agent is liable to legal action along with the vendor for breaching state legislation which makes it an offence to sell, or present for sale, stock which are not correctly tagged or documented, linking them back to the LPA NVD.
2. If an agent detects untagged sheep they must rectify this by obtaining saleyard emergency tags and apply prior to stock being offered for sale. Vendor breeder tags are not allowed to be applied on day of sale at saleyards.
3. If an agent has sheep consigned from a vendor that are non vendor bred (Question 3 on NVD) and the stock do not carry post breeder transaction tags, the agent must ensure that they obtain the PIC numbers on the tags in that consignment and attach to the LPA NVD prior to stock being offered for sale.
4. If a checking system is not put in place by agents and saleyards to identify and take corrective action for untagged sheep and non compliant documentation, there is the very real possibility a mandatory verification system will be imposed onto saleyards and agents that will be onerous and legally binding.
5. Agents should adopt a NO DETAILS, NO TAG, NO SALE Policy or face possible prosecution from state regulators.
CLICK HERE for NLIS Check List you may wish to use.
FIT TO LOAD VIDEO FROM MLA:
Please pass on to clients and staff. CLICK HERE
FIT TO LOAD GUIDE MLA:
NOTE: An animal is unfit when it is not bearing weight on all four legs.
If it does not put weight on the limb, even if it is still able to move forward, then it is not fit for the journey.
Click here for the Fit to Load Guide link.
ANIMAL WELFARE STANDARDS SALEYARDS:
Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines Livestock at Saleyards and Depots.
The standards provide the basis for developing and implementing consistent legislation and enforcement across Australia, and guidance for all those responsible for livestock at saleyards.
They reflect available scientific knowledge, current practice and community expectations at the time of the drafting of the standards and guidelines.
The Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines – Livestock at Saleyards and Deports were considered by
Agriculture Ministers and finalised on 23 February 2018. CLICK HERE
ALPA NOW ON FACEBOOK:
CLICK HERE to 'like' us on Facebook.
STOCKINSURE has covered its members for buyer default now for many many years.
They have grown far beyond just butcher insurance.
ALPA Members can now get credit insurance cover under the “Stockinsure” scheme extending now to live exporters. Who wouldn't want that?
This has been in a response to demand from current ALPA Stockinsure members and has involved some interesting negotiations to get all three insurers on board.
It does not involve any increase in the levy rate payable by members.
The cover on live exporters now comes in addition to the existing cover on abattoirs, butchers, food processors and feedlotters.
This cover certainly helps you sleep at night knowing you are protected.
Call STOCKINSURE on 02 9252 7600.
ALPA 100 YEAR TIE, BOOK & MEMBER DIRECTORY:
CLICK HERE for order form.
NLIS SHEEP YEAR OF BIRTH TAG COLOURS:
2011 & 2019 is LIGHT GREEN
2012 & 2020 is PURPLE
2013 & 2021 is YELLOW
2014 & 2022 is RED
2015 & 2023 is SKY BLUE
2016 & 2024 is BLACK
2017 & 2025 is WHITE
2018 & 2026 is ORANGE
The Super Bowl Commercial That Left America Speechless. CLICK HERE
NEW WEBSITE HOME PAGE FOR NLIS www.nlis.com.au
MLA have changed the website to www.nlis.com.au
Please advise saleyards and your clients of this change.
CHECK OUT THE NEW MLA WEBSITE:
Livestock producers are encouraged to explore MLA's new website,.
Driven by levy payer feedback that the website should offer more producer resources, the first phase has seen a redesign with the focus on making it easier to navigate..
The app allows users to read the latest market news, customise searches for local and global market reports, and look up price and supply indicator graphs, download free to your mobile from the Apple iTunes App Store or Google Play, by searching "MLA market information".
NEW SHEEP, CATTLE ,GOAT HEALTH DECLARATIONS:
DO YOU HAVE LIVESTOCK BUYER INSURANCE?
Safety is everyones responsibility. CLICK HERE for the guide.