ALPA News & Events:
ALPA CEO ANDY MADIGAN CALLS TIME:
Andy Madigan has decided to retire after 15 years in the role of ALPA CEO.
CLICK HERE for The Land's article.
ALPA PHOTO COMPETITION:
Unique locations and the diversity of an agents’ day-to-day life is something we want to showcase to a wider audience. And you can help us! Over the coming weeks we ask that you share with us your photos that depict what it means to be an agent. This can be images taken in the saleyard, on property, of livestock, in a shearing shed – anything agency related.
To enter the ALPA photo competition, simply send your captioned photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win. You are welcome to send as many photos as you like.
All photo finalists will have their images featured in the 2019 ALPA Annual Report. The overall winner will receive an invitation to the 2019 ALPA AGM Dinner in Canberra together with one night’s accommodation and $250 towards travel expenses.
Terms and conditions for 2019 ALPA photo competition:
1. All photos must be received by 5pm 31 July 2019.
2. All photos submitted must be from an ALPA member. The photos must be by the photographer and owner of the copyright of any image submitted.
3. All entrants acknowledge that any photos sent to be entered in the competition become the property of Australian Livestock & Property Agents Association Ltd (ALPA) and may be used for future marketing/advertising purposes.
4. All entries must include photographer’s name, an image title and the entrant’s contact details, including ALPA member business name.
5. Photo submissions must be able to be printed as a high resolution.
6. The photos will be judged by a selection panel at ALPA’s discretion.
7. ALPA reserves the right to final decision and discretion on the final photo chosen.
8. The decision on what photos to use will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Finalists will be announced 23 August 2019.
Don’t forget to share your photos on social media using the hashtag #ALPAsnapshot, and tag us on Instagram (@alpa_agents) and Facebook (@ALPAagents)
ALPA AGENCY AWARD 2019:
Nominations are now open.
The winner is presented with the ALPA Mike Nixon Shield for Excellence at the 2019 ALPA AGM on October 18 in Canberra.
Also, you win a fully paid trip including accommodation and $1,000 cash to the 2020 Calgary Stampede in Canada, courtesy of Agricultural Media and Quadrant Ag Tours.
The exposure to international agricultural practices will broaden your horizons and provide unrivalled professional development opportunities.
Participating in the ALPA Agency Award allows you to showcase your unique marketing and innovative abilities in the stock and station agency industry.
You will have the opportunity to develop your business networks and achieve extensive media coverage for both you and your business, placing you at the forefront of your industry.
For nomination/application form. CLICK HERE
ALPA CHARITY 2019: ALPA BOARD 2018 - 2019
The charity ALPA will supported in 2019 is RFDS.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service has a rich and vibrant history. 90 years of service and they are still here, and still needed.
Before there was the Flying Doctor there was little medical help for people who lived in places far from cities. If they were seriously injured they had to travel hundreds of kilometres by horse, cart, or camel to reach a doctor.
They often died before they got there.
Founder of the RFDS Reverend John Flynn witnessed the daily struggle of pioneers living in remote areas and had a vision to provide a 'mantle of safety' for the people of the bush.
He once said "If you start something worthwhile - nothing can stop it" and this simple truth is evidenced by the RFDS today, 90 years on.
FEBRUARY 2017 ALPA LIVESTOCK AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
These terms and conditions are recommended to ALPA members and must be displayed in a prominent position at saleyards.
Each agent prior to selling must refer to the ALPA Terms & Conditions or whatever T&C's that they are selling under.
CLICK HERE for 2017 Terms & Conditions.
CLICK HERE to ORDER POSTER SIZE
Warren Johnston - Roberts Limited. TAS. President.
Peter Cabot - Landmark Wagga. NSW. Vice President
Warren Clark - Keith P Lanyon P/L Hamilton. VIC.
Nick Hall - Elders Walcha, NSW.
Ross Plasto - Plasto & Company P/L Dubbo. NSW.
Paul Pratt - Pratt Agencies Murgon. QLD.
Geoff Rice - Langlands Hanlon Parkes. NSW.
ALPA 2018 ANNUAL REPORT CLICK HERE
STOCK & STATION AGENTS 100 YEARS ON CENTENARY BOOK:
ALPA CHARITY 2019:
ALPA BOARD 2018 - 2019